NOVO BANCO ÁSIA, S.A. ("NB ASIA" or the "Bank") strictly complies with Law No.8/2005, the "Personal Data Protection Act" provisions. Except with Clients' authorization or allowed by law, we will never disclose any Clients' personal data and information (the "Data") to third parties. All Data provided by Clients is kept in strict confidentiality to ensure the protection of Clients’ Data privacy.
All Data relating to Clients may be used and disclosed by the Bank for the purposes of executing Banking Services and to such persons in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act and the Bank's Personal Data Policy Statement. NB ASIA may from time to time be required to transfer the Data outside Macau to any Novo Banco Group entity in Portugal to conduct data processing using the Data relating to its Clients, as well as to relevant regulatory authorities for tax and supervision/compliance purposes.
The Bank may retain Data for no longer than is required to fulfill the purpose for which the Data was collected, subject to legal and regulatory requirements mandating the retention of Data.
The Bank relies on the truthfulness, completeness and exactness of the Data provided by the Client and that no information was omitted which would make it untrue, incomplete and inexact. The Bank requires the Client to immediately notify the Bank in writing of any change in the Data provided of any of the account holders or authorized signatory(ies). NB ASIA assumes that the Data has been provided by the signatory or that its collection has been authorized by it.
From time to time, it is necessary for the Client to supply the Bank with Data in connection with various matters such as the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking or other services by or to the Bank.
Failure to supply Data may result in the Bank being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue banking facilities or provide banking or other services. Data relating to the Clients is collected or received by the Bank from time to time. Data may include, but not limited to, data collected from Clients in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship between the Bank and the Client, whether verbally or in writing.
The purposes for which the Data may be used will vary depending on the nature of the Clients' relationship with the Bank and may include (without limitation) the following:
• Assessing the merits and suitability of the Clients as actual or potential applicants for banking / financial services and facilities and/or processing their applications.
• Ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of Clients.
• Researching and/or designing financial services or related products for Clients' use.
• Marketing financial services or related products.
• Enforcing Clients' obligations including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from Clients.
• Meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any regulation binding on the Bank and/or other Group entities under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the Bank and/or other Group entities are expected to comply.
• Enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Bank, or participant or sub-participant of the Bank's rights in respect of the Clients to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation.
• Purposes incidental, associated or relating thereto.
Under and in accordance with the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act, any Client has the right:
• To check whether the Bank holds Data about him and has access to such data.
• To require the Bank to correct any inaccurate Data relating to him.
• To ascertain the Bank's policies and practices in relation to Data and to be informed of the Data held by the Bank.
The Bank has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any Data access, rectification, suppression or challenge request.
The NB ASIA Personal Data Policy Statement is available in Chinese, Portuguese and English. Should a discrepancy or conflict arise, the Portuguese version shall prevail. For questions or inquiries on the Bank’s Personal Data Policy Statement, please contact us at (853) 2878 5222 or email@example.com